League Mission Statement
LEAGUE MISSION STATEMENT
The YPFL – Youth Play Futsal League – is the lower mainland’s first and only competitive futsal league. The goal of the YPFL is to promote development and help players learn and improve through competitive, fun, and consistent futsal play.
The Vancouver Futsal Youth Play Futsal League’s mission is to provide an outlet for Futsal for youth teams across the Lower Mainland. Futsal is a key factor in youth development as players are confined in smaller spaces, with a smaller ball and are forced to play quickly, make faster decisions, and use their skill to beat opponents. We feel that Futsal needs to be a consistent part of the youth player’s training and playing schedule. We compare this to some of the top football nations in the world’s regimes such as Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain, and Germany. Our goal is to provide competitive, fun, and beneficial futsal matches for teams approximately twice per month over the course of their normal soccer season.
The VFA has run the Youth Play Futsal Program since 2012 and the new YPFL is here to offer a more consistent and structured futsal environment for the Lower Mainland’s Youth. The league will offer a more competitive environment and therefore be more beneficial to skill development and enjoyment levels.
JOINING THE LEAGUE AS A TEAM
League entry is approved in the follow order
- Returning teams from the 2017/18 season
- New team spots tentatively confirmed once entry form is filled out and received by the VFA
- New team spot confirmed once team entry fee is received
*All team registrations on or after August 1st will require a $200 non-refundable deposit.
TEAM REGISTRATION FEES
- The cost per team for the 2017/18 season is $980 + Tax.
- The league team registration fee covers the below team costs:
- Team league entry
- All game court rental costs
- Referee Costs
- Equipment and Game Balls
NEW THIS SEASON
Vancouver Futsal has listened to your feedback and is happy to announce that we will be offering the option for teams to split their payments evenly for their players. We know how hard your coaches and managers work to front fees and collect payments after the fact, so we are going to offer teams the option of splitting fees for your players from the start.
Please note that upon registration no fees will be collected but rather around September 1st we will collect deposits, followed by the remainder of the fees before October 1st.
Will be sent out to league teams prior to leagues start date. All Futsal games use official futsal league referees.
LEAGUE FUTSAL RULES
2017/18 SEASON OVERVIEW
The 2017/2018 Youth Play Futsal League is set to start league play in October 2017.
- League games will be between October 2017 & February 2018
- There are 18 total weeks in the season schedule
- Each team will play a total of 10 league matches
- League matches are two 20 minute halves – 40mins playing time
- League matches will take place on Sunday evenings between 3:00pm – 8:00pm
- League matches will be scheduled around any conflicting league soccer games
- League matches will not be playing on hollidays
- For U12 and below, scores will be kept but not published. Vancouver
- Futsal may place teams in separate pods based on the results of the first half of the season for the last half of the season. Our goal is to make sure that all teams are playing in competitive matches throughout the season.
- The VFA’s goal is to complement players and teams soccer schedules, and not conflict or replace your soccer setting. The VFA’s goal is to create relationship with club, teams, players, and coaches to help support the availability of futsal.
- All league matches are played with Official FIFA Futsal rules in a 5 v 5 including GK format.
- All games will be played with age specific futsals.
DISTRICTS, GAME TIMES & LOCATIONS
All league games will be played at Fortius Burnaby. Games will be on Sunday afternoon/evenings. Teams may play 1-2 games per night
AVAILABLE TO THE BELOW BOYS AND GIRLS AGE GROUPS
2009, 2008. 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 (Open to all clubs)
2003, 2002, 2001(Open to Metro Select and BCSPL teams)
Age groups may be combined to maximize competition and development.
Q: Does my team need player cards for each match?
A: No, teams do not need to produce player cards for each match. We will ask for a roster from each team prior to the start of the season.
Q: Does my team need to be a BC Soccer Sanctioned team or organization?
A: No, we accept all groups of teams as long as they have produced a roster and meet the criteria and skill level of the league.
Q: Is this league run by BC Soccer?
A: No, The league is run through The Vancouver Futsal Association. The VFA and YPFL are associate members of the BCSA, therefore any BC Soccer registered player/players/or teams can join the league.
Q: How many players is ideal for a futsal team?
A: The ideal number of players for a futsal team is 7-9 players. This maximizes playing time while still allowing for proper rest and recovery. We recommend that teams with more than 12 players register 2 teams and split their roster.